The plasticity of ruins allegorically leads to both natural or man-made calamities and the omnipresent threat of evacuation of meaning from the landscape of human existence. Sublime violence, again either human, historical, natural catastrophe are processes of creative destruction that offer ruins as potential perspectives in the social, psychological, emotional, environmental & ecological interpretation.
The Competition is Open to All – students and professionals
– Submissions are open to all enthusiasts and are welcome from all parts of the world.
– Maximum 2 entries per registration are allowed.
– The Haiku should be accompanied by an Illustration/Photograph or a Painting (optional).
– The hand crafted Illustration and Painting of your ideas is a choice and could be drafted in a digital platform as well.
– If a photograph is supported with the Haiku, either it should be self-clicked or the proper credits of the Photographer should be mentioned.
– Each Haiku should have 17 syllables divided, in three lines of five, seven, and five syllables respectively.
– The entry should be sent to the following email: email@example.com with the subject line: ‘Haiga’ Competition, 1st Cycle – Name of the Participant as a jpeg/png file with 14pt, Arial font/Calligraphy of choice, single-line spacing Haiku text typed upon the Illustration/Photograph/Painting
And the Haiku text (.doc file) + Illustration/Photograph/scanned painting attached separately without the haiku written/typed upon it as well with minimum 300 dpi and Image size of not less than 2 MB.
The submission should include the payment screenshot as attachment in the email.
– Medium of Submission is English Language.
– All entrants must mention their social media handles with the submission (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook)
– The submission should be an original work of the entrant and will go through a plagiarism test.
– In addition to three winners, Honorable mentions if assigned by jury shall be featured.
– Only paid entries will be eligible to participate
All winners and honorary mentions will be featured in the upcoming publication.
Selected works will receive the following publications as well as editions of ADA:
Deadline Extended to 31st August, 2020 (11:59 pm, CEST/ 2:59 am, PKT/ 3:29 am, IST)
– Standard Registration till 30th August 2020, (11 Euros)
– Submission deadline: 31st August 2020
Maria Aslam is a prolific writer, architectural historian, and environmental activist, working in the fields of interior design, architecture, and heritage conservation. As the founder and editor-in-chief of ADA Magazine, she has pioneered the ADA Awards, the first of its kind, in the disciplines of Architecture, Design, and Art.
In the great field of Architecture, Writer & Architect Pappal Suneja personally believes that there are no Boundaries and limitations to our imagination and aspirations. Following the same, he has been an active contributor to Architectural Journalism with more than 150 publications and five books
Herve Matin completed his Fine Arts from University of Tehran-IRAN before coming to France in 1982. He got his PhD in Fine Arts from Paris Diderot University (Université Paris 7) in 1987. From 1986 to 1992, He had various work experiences from teaching to working as graphic designer, art director in communication agencies such as Saatchi & Saatchi -London, ILC
Rupa Raje Gupta
She is a New Delhi based architect and an educator. An alumnus of the prestigious Chandigarh College of Architecture, and an M.Phil, Ph.D from the Welsh School of Architecture, UK. She has had an interesting range of projects and career experience. She is a keen researcher, with particular interest in vernacular architecture since the time of her undergraduate thesis on the
Katja Klaus is a research associate for the Academy of the Bauhaus Dessau Foundation, focusing on the fields of education, design and communication. She has published and edited numerous books in these areas. She currently heads an international university program at the Bauhaus, the Bauhaus Open Studios. From 2005 to 2014 she worked as the personal
Senator (R) Javed Jabbar is a screenwriter, filmmaker, and advertising mogul. As an elected member of the Senate of Pakistan, he has with extensive experience in public affairs, grass-root development, welfare organizations, international affairs, and a variety of government departments. Beyond his political career, he is the founder of MNJ Communications (Pvt.), known