ADA AWARDS PROUDLY ANNOUNCES DESIGN COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS “It's always fantastic to be on the podium, and, of course, the top step is always our target.” - Romain Grosjean
ADA – Architecture Design and Art cordially invites Pakistani students studying in the disciplines of Architecture, Design and Art to participate in a design competition of a rostrum for the 2nd cycle of ADA AWARDS 2021.
ADA Awards is an international competition recognizing excellence in Architecture, Design and Art and is an initiative of ADA Publication House. ADA AWARDS aim to place Pakistan in the global arena with works aligned towards international recognition and in parallel recognize celebrities of the creative fields that impact lives, inspire generations and leave a legacy of exceptional works. In its inaugural cycle in 2019, the ADA Awards provided a platform for the region’s creative talent
to present innovative and original works, considered by a jury of leading figures from the world of architecture, interiors, art and design. Winners were announced at a gala ceremony on January 19, 2019. For details, visit https://adapk.com/awards
The 2nd cycle ADA Awards night is scheduled on 21.02.2021 in the Walled City of Lahore.
1. Any student who is currently enrolled with any HEC recognized degree awarding institution in Pakistan, offering programs in the fields of Architecture, Design and Art, and social sciences is eligible to participate.
2. Individual student or a group of eligible students can submit one design entry upon approval of their registration by ADA. However, multi-disciplinary group collaborations are highly encouraged. This is an opportunity for great peer bonding as students of varied institution can network and collaborate in a collective project which will be executed.
3. Students currently enrolled in their 3rd year or above are eligible to apply.
There is NO registration fee, however, participants are required to fill and submit a registration
form with student ID; approval of which will enable them to participate after acquiring their distinct
registration number. For any queries write to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The rostrum design should manifest the ethos and significance of the ADA Awards while
recognizing the innovative minds of Pakistan in creative fields like Architecture, Design and
2. A rostrum is a raised platform on a stage used for public speaking. The size of the rostrum
shall cater at least two people at a time having standard height for users’ comfort.
3. Students are invited to explore any design language, form, proportion and materials
under given context. However, the ADA logo needs to be incorporated into the design.
4. Winning entry will receive an opportunity to work with the countries’ top architects, artists
and designers for the final execution which will be a part of the ADA Awards Gala Night
stage setting. This opportunity will place the winner(s) in the spotlight among-st the creative
5. The winner(s) will be fully facilitated to participate in the 2nd cycle of ADA Awards ceremony.
6. The rostrum will also be used in the awards finale and the winning entry will receive
recognition amongst the stellar winners of the ADA Awards 2021.
Each registered student/group will submit the design consisting of following components in the
form of a PowerPoint slide show having maximum of 12 slides including title slide. All files should
be within 25 MB.
The slides should contain the following:
1. A well-researched case study containing a precedent study
2. A brief write up on proposed design concept (not more than 300 words)
3. Drawings of design ideas with appropriate and realistic material application
4. Top plan, views of the side – elevations and sections (transverse and longitudinal sections
5. The presentation can be in sketches or in any software
6. Usage of the material and materiality of the design concept is required
7. 3-D views or model generation and photographed
8. One-minute motion video (Mp4)
∙ Registration begins: November 13, 2020
∙ Registration ends: November 29, 2020 – 11:59 pm
∙ Scrutiny of Registration/questions: November 30, 2020
∙ Final Submission: January 05, 2021 – 11:59 pm
∙ Jury: January 08, 2021
∙ Announcement of Result: 11 January 2021
∙ First Prize: Rs. 35,000/=
∙ Second Prize: Rs. 25,000/=
∙ Third Prize: Rs. 15,000/=
Convenor ADA Student Design Competition: Farida Ghaffar
Jury: The student competition Jury comprises the following professionals to assess the submissions anonymously.
Herve Matine | Designer, Founder Poster for tomorrow, Paris
Javed Jabbar | Advertising Executive, Author and Social Activist, Pakistan
Khadija Jamal | Architect, Chairperson BAE-IAP, Pakistan
Maria Aslam | Founder, Chief Editor ADA, Pakistan
Nazish Ataullah | Ex-Principal NCA, Lahore
All filled registration forms must be scanned and submitted to this email address email@example.com.
*Plagiarized work will be disqualified.
Copyright: ADA reserves all copyrights for publishing the competition entries with due credits to be mentioned to the participants. ADA reserves the rights to decline/disqualify any submission which is not considered appropriate.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.